*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Why not turn your passion for vision boarding into a profitable Vision Board Workshop business?
Were you able to manifest your dreams into reality with your vision board?
I bet you were so excited that you shared your amazing results with your friends and family.
All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue themWalt Disney
What is a vision board workshop business
Ever been to a Tupperware party? You know where the host displayed the latest products and sold you on the benefits of each. And you bought just as many others at the party did. Have you hosted your own vision board party yet ? Like so many, did you find it addictive helping others achieve their goals?
Well,a vision board workshop business is like that. It’s starting a business where you hold parties to teach people the skills to create their own vision boards.
But it’s so much more than that. You’re encouraging people to transform lives using the medium of a vision board.
The process to start a vision board workshop business
Investing your time and money in a new business venture is a big deal. So you need to follow a few basic guidelines
To give yourself the best chance of success.
1. Know Your WHY
If you want this to be a successful business, you need to know your WHY.
When you know your WHY,Viktor Frankl
You can endure any HOW.
In other words, what is your purpose in wanting to start a vision board business?
Maybe you want to use it to motivate and inspire people to:
- Create the life of their dreams
- Live life intentionally
- Focus on inviting daily joy into their lives
- Overcome the obstacles to a happy and fulfilled life
Once you know your WHY you can then proceed to investigate this as a proper business idea.
2. Validate Your Vision Board Business Idea
This seems like an awesome business idea but your first step is to see if there is a market for it.
- Are there other successful vision board businesses in existence?
- Sign up for one of their workshops to gauge if you can equal or better their business model.
- Host a few free workshops at community venues and look at the response to see if there is a demand for it.
3. Become an Expert
You want to lay the best foundation for your vision board business.
Spend time upfront to invest in systems and processes to make long-term growth sustainable.
Here are 3 ways to arm yourself with as much info about this as possible.
- Sign up for Udemy’s Vision Board Workshop Facilitator course to get the inside scoop on how to do it right.
- You could also sign up for Vision Board expert Christine Kane’s webinar on starting a vision board business.
- Host a joint event with a seasoned vision board pro to get hands-on practical experience.
4. Write Your Business Plan
Don’t be daunted by this step. Think of it as the foundation of your business. It features all the details from pricing to marketing.
I’ve sourced this super helpful YouTube video by Kimberly Ann Jimenez entitled How To Write A 1-Page Business Plan For 2020 to get it done in 60 minutes or less:
She has a business plan template that you can download to help you with this step.
5. Lucrative Vision Board Business Ideas
A great way to turn a profit for your business is to turn your workshop into an experience.
- Give your invitations a sophisticated design
- Get a celebrity guest speaker who is a vision boarder
- Invest in a great venue with awesome decor
- Set the mood with the right lighting and music
- Offer guests a free goodie bag and a glass of wine on entry
- Offer smart finger food as snacks
Offer specialized vision board products for sale at the venue.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Vision board kits
- Vision board planners
- Motivational Quote cards
- Affirmation cards
- Power word cut-outs
- Colorful Stickers
Other Ways to Make Money with Vision Boarding:
- Start an Etsy or Shopify store to sell vision board printables
- Become a vision board consultant
- Hire your services out as a vision board speaker
- Start a niched blog on vision boards and sell custom products from it
- Create a unique digital course on vision boards
Vision Board Business Start Up Costs
These costs can be as extravagant or bare bones as you envision your business and your clients tastes. Personally, I’d start your first few with a home party or free venue. Provide poster boards, a stack of free/ used magazines, glue sticks or double sided tape and a variety of size and color markers. You can print out motivational quotes you create according to who your audience is. A party can cost you as little as $1-$2 per person.
Take all your profits and after you’ve paid yourself back re-invest into your business. Do this by purchasing supplies in bulk for a lower price. You can also start a ‘swag bag’ as Thank you gifts. Be sure any materials that you gift (and including poster board) have a business card or sticker with your contact information.
So there you have it. 5 Practical ways to turn your love of vision boarding into a money making business and inspire people to live their best lives.
Before we part, I wanted to share some great quotes that will help you and your guests (future customers) achieve goals.
Motivational Quotes for Vision Encouragement
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.Mark Twain
It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.Babe Ruth
You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.William W. Purkey
Everything you can imagine is real.Pablo Picasso
Hold the vision, trust the process.Unknown
Impossible is just an opinionPaulo Coelho
Wealth Quotes for Your Vision Board Clients
Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.Henry David Thoreau
The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.Unknown
Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.Franklin D. Roosevelt
Vision Board Words and Phrases
- Be Intentional
- Do It Scared
- Family First
- Choose Happniness
- Get it Done
I could go on and on here, but these words are yours and your guests. encourage them to find words that resonate with their goals. Think of their favorite song, poem, saying. Most people are already attracted in some way to their goals. You are there to help them direct that energy into goals and realities.
So, now you have your business idea, an outline on where to start, how to start. What’s stopping you? Go For It! Do It Scared! Just Do It Now!